Acute Internal Medicine Rotation Severn Postgraduate Medical Education
This is a 4 year training programme in Acute Internal Medicine. Most trainees elect to dual-accredit in General Internal Medicine (GIM) as well, making a 5 year programme altogether. The rotation is run in the following hospitals in the Severn region:
- Bristol Royal Infirmary 2 Posts
- North Bristol Hospital Trust 3 Posts including one in ITU
- Cheltenham General Hospital 4 Posts including 3 GIM posts in Care of the Elderly, Cardiology and Respiratory medicine
- Gloucester Hospital 2 Posts
- Royal United Hospital Bath 2 Posts including one in ITU
- Weston General Hospital 2 Posts
- Great Western Hospital - Swindon 1 Post
- Yeovil General Hospital 1 Post
- Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton 1 Post
Total 18 posts.
Training in Acute Internal Medicine covers the following areas:
- Experience in clinical and managerial running of an Acute Medical Unit or equivalent.
- Experience in ITU.
- Training in major medical specialties. This includes cardiology, respiratory medicine and care of the elderly.
- Opportunity to specialist skill train in one of a variety of skills from echocardiography to medical education.
The duration of each attachment will depend on the trainees training needs and on mutual agreement with the Training Committee.
See below for membership of the Training Committee:
- Sarah Gillett (Training Programme Director) - Acute Internal Medicine - Bath
- Ijaz Ahmed – Acute Internal Medicine – Swindon
- Roly Jenkins - Respiratory Medicine - BRI
- Thikra AL-Wattar – Acute Internal Medicine – Yeovil
- Andrew Thompson - Acute Internal Medicine - Taunton
- Markus Hauser - Acute Internal Medicine - Cheltenham
For information on SCE exams, please click here: Specialty Certificate Examinations
If you are looking for information on General Internal Medicine, please click here.
For further information regarding rotations, the curriculum and assessments please contact Sarah Gillett, Acute Medicine Interim TPD.