What does the transition to the new curriculum involve?

Please use this link to access the information on the JRCPTB website.

How do I get to Park House?

Please see the following link , specifically the address, map and "Find us by" tabs on the left-hand side of the page.

How do I find my NTN?

The NTN format is as follows: region/specialty identifier/GMC/C (CCT) or CP (combined programme) - for example:

SEV/Specialty/1234567/C - Standard - SEV/018/1234455/C

SEV/ACA-Specialty/GMC/C - Academic - SEV/ACA-015/234567/C

SEV/Specialty-Specialty/GMC/C - Dual accreditation - SEV/007-001/345678/C

SEV/ACA-Specialty-Specialty/GMC/C - Dual accrediting Academic - SEV/ACA-018-001/4567898/C

Acute Internal Medicine/Severn 035
Cardiology/Severn 007
Clinical Genetics 020
Clinical oncology/Severn
Clinical Neurophysiology 014
Dermatology 005
Endocrinology and diabetes mellitus/Severn 017
Gastroenterology/Severn 018
General Internal Medicine
Genito-urinary medicine/Severn 009
Geriatric medicine/Severn 011
Haematology 073
Immunology 077
Infectious Diseases 003
Medical Oncology 012
Medical Ophthalmology 096
Neurology 006
Occupational Medicine 093
Palliative medicine/Severn 094
Paediatric Cardiology 097
Rehabilitation Medicine 084
Renal medicine/Overarching 015
Rheumatology/Severn 008

What are the dates/locations for upcoming School of Medicine courses and ARCPs? 

You will find most of these in the Events Section of the School of Medicine website.

What should I bring to my assessment?

Please refer to your individual specialty page and/or ARCP invitation which you would have received via email for details on what you need to bring to your assessment. For further Assessment related queries, please see the ARCP Page.

What is the process a trainee should follow when resigning from post?

  • A formal letter of resignation should be submitted to the medical staffing department of your employing Trust, copying in your Training Programme Director, Educational Supervisor and Recruitment Manager at Severn PGME copied in (see contacts section) – this letter must state your formal contract end date.
  • Trainees must ensure all measures are taken to minimise the impact upon service provision and must meet the minimum notice period requirements of their Trust contract.

I'm looking for information/forms regarding Revalidation. 

Please see the following link

I'm looking for information/forms regarding Quality Panels. 

Please see the following link.  

Who do I contact at my Trust regarding Study Leave/Expense Claims? 

Please see the following link   


I have a question related to my specialty. 

The specialty sections of the School of Medicine website contain a great deal of useful information. These can be found using the following link, selecting the Internal Medicine or Higher Specialty Training tabs. 

How can I find out what my National Training Number (NTN) or Deanery Reference Number (DRN) is?

Your NTN/DRN can be found on your ARCP outcome form and on the completed Form R returned to you by Severn PGME after you commenced training in your current programme. Alternative email your Education Programme Manager.

How do I obtain a copy of my ARCP form?

Logon to ePortfolio and select the 'progression' tab, then select 'ARCP'.

Alternative enquiries relating to Higher Specialty Training in medicine?

Email: schoolofmedicine.sw@hee.nhs.uk 

Alternative enquiries relating to Internal Medical Training?

Email: schoolofmedicine.sw@hee.nhs.uk

Extra support for Trainees

JRCPTB publication on clinics

Trainee guide to telephone clinics